Aimee Custer, PsyD, LP
Clinical Sports Neuropsychologist
Bloomington - TRIA / Woodbury - TRIA
I believe strongly in the importance of holistic, patient-centered care. I have experience working with athletes across all sports, including youth, high school, collegiate, professional, and Olympic populations. I received specialized training in management of sports related concussion at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and had the privilege of working with the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Pittsburgh Penguins. I value the importance of utilizing an active, individualized treatment approach for the management of concussion, including collaboration with an interdisciplinary team. In addition to the management of traumatic brain injury, I have also trained in the areas of general neuropsychology, polytrauma, spinal cord injury, chronic illness and pain management.
- APPIC Accredited Post-Doctoral Neuropsychology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Sports Concussion Program
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology, Minnesota School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Twin Cities, MN
- APA Accredited Pre-Doctoral Internship, University of Missouri Department of Health Psychology, Columbia, MO
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, College of St. Benedicts/St. Johns University, St. Joseph, MN
- ImPACT Certification, Certified for administration and interpretation of Immediate Concussion
- Assessment and Cognitive Testing (ImPACT)
- Sports Neuropsychology Society
- American Psychological Association
Honors & Awards
- Frequent media source on various concussion topics for WCCO News, Kare 11 News, and WCCO Radio.
- Currently featured in the 5-year Sportsology Exhibit in the Minnesota Science Museum through video display.
- I have had a longstanding passion for sports and athletics. I was a three sport athlete growing up and began participating in triathlons during college. I believe in the importance of a healthy work-life balance. When I am away from work, you can find me at the gym, spending time with family, friends, and beloved dogs, or traveling with my husband.
Share your experience, provide feedback, positive or negative, on the service you received.